As the technology for opening and closing the doors have improved, so also have the materials also diversified. These materials include:
- Steel: This is the most common material used for making garage doors. They are built to resist corrosion and rust. Furthermore, doors made from steel last longer and can be textured to look like wood.
- Aluminum: Garage doors made from these materials are lightweight. They also resist corrosion and humidity. They can be painted whichever color you choose.
- Wood: Most homeowners favour this material because it is attractive. Although expensive to maintain and needs a specialised motor and handle, these doors take garage doors to another level with its beauty.
- Fibreglass: Fibreglass garage doors are new to the garage door market. They can be easily dented and are lightweight. Garage doors made from these materials are limited in colour like wood or steel.
- Composite: Composite is made from the combination of different materials: aluminum, vinyl and steel.
So, when you are ready to design your own custom garage door or select your desired pre-built garage door design, do not hesitate to call us for a free consultation and a free measure and quote!